It can be hard to find games that work offline, but thankfully there are some engrossing gems you can play without Wi-Fi or data. Here are our top games to play next time you’re stranded offline on a long flight or stuck in traffic without good connectivity.
Here are the 5 best offline android games:
Why Soul Knight?
- You’ll be up and gunning in this action-packed, retro-styled dungeon adventure in no time
- A number of unlockable weapons and playable heroes offer tons of options for mowing down enemies
- The rocking retro metal soundtrack will get your adrenaline pumping
Why Paper Wings?
- Approachable, easy-to-learn gameplay and short play sessions will make this a hit with arcade gaming fans
- Unlock numerous new birds – each of which comes with its own unique boosts
- Bird lovers will appreciate the facts and biographies that accompany each bird
From the minimal, calming soundtrack to the unique, swooping-based gameplay, this arcade game is pleasant all around. Currency isn’t too hard to come by, meaning you won’t get bored while trying to unlock more feathered friends. Oddly, though, you can’t see each bird’s “specialty” until after you unlock it.
Why Space Marshals 2?
- Stealth enthusiasts will delight in this action game’s thoughtful, tactical combat
- All 20 missions – telling the story of a Wild West-style adventure set in outer space – are free
- Customize your play style with over 70 weapons, from high-tech energy guns to throwing axes
You’ll find your favourite style of stealth here – whether it’s creating distractions with a flash-bang, hacking an enemy tower, or pulling off a strangle-hold from behind. If you die while offline, you’ll need to endure a 15-second wait to reappear – to prevent the delay, you can upgrade to premium.
Why I Love Hue?
- Test your perception of color in this tile-swapping, color-matching puzzle game
- With a minimal aesthetic and no need for dexterity or timing skills, Hue is gaming zen
- The challenge increases surprisingly quickly – making it to the hexagonal levels is an achievement!
In distressing times without internet, you won’t find a game more relaxing than this. The pastel rainbow palettes are endlessly pleasing to the eye, while sparse text and sound make it easy to unwind. It can take hours to replenish the “prisms” required to play each level, so we suggest stocking up beforehand if you anticipate being offline for a while.
Why Adventure Llama?
- This runner game is a mashup of an Indiana Jones-style adventure and … the unique animal, that is the llama!
- One-button gameplay and short levels make Adventure Llama accessible for gamers of all skill levels
- Unlock new llamas, from a “tourist llama” to llamas (poorly) disguised as cows or zebras
Pablo the llama may look silly, but he’s got a dream: to explore the ruins of an ancient civilization. We love the platformer gameplay, but have to admit it’s all about the llamas: With costumes and even novelty balloons to unlock and glide through ancient dungeons, there’s plenty to strive for and keep you occupied.